All the Stages of Project One, in eighteen hours

I am keen on procrastinating. I am also keen on changing my projects at the last minute. I did both of these things for this project, as I didn't feel like my initial idea was good or working or anything, really. After six hours trying to work with my previous ideas, I threw in the towel, because I was frustrated at getting nowhere substantial.

So, for my new appliance, I chose my television.




I recreated each of these angles in Illustrator as instructed. My thought process was to create each viewpoint adequately while not overworking on shadows on details unrelated to the statement of this piece. It's for this reason that the AV cables and the warning sticker were not included in my recreations.




My main theme for the project was to place the box televisions in a pile similar to children's blocks. This would draw a connection between the alphabet blocks and the television set, as a way to criticize people who rely on their television to educate their children. To that end, I used some block images of the web to create my stack base.





Initially, my plan was to include a baby with the image, looking at the television stack in wonder, but I changed my mind on this because I felt like it didn't fit with the small scale final image I had already produced and because including some random person's baby was weird.

Instead, I took a picture of my carpet at a low angle to give the impression that the block stack and televisions were the sizes of normal blocks. After vectorizing my photograph, I assembled the stack of televisions.


And here is my final submission.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Project 4 ideas

Project Two Iconic Photo

40 Images